09 June 2011

Sweet Beginnings

This week I received permission to settle in the U.K. This means I can do work of any kind for any employer, start my own business, or not work at all (fat chance). It also means that I don't have to reapply for permanent status after two years on a spousal visa.

One of the first things I'd like to try to do after we sort of settle in will be to create a strawberry-rhubarb something-or-other. Probably squares, because pies are hard. And I am no baker.

I mentioned the combo to the in-laws on our last trip -- and they hadn't tried it. They do rhubarb, they do strawberry, but not the two together.

So if anyone is reading this: Do you have any simple strawberry-rhubarb recipes that I can try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rules
1) Be nice.
2) Keep it clean.